Old Brentwoods Portal Terms – Brentwood School
1. Terms: This document sets out the conditions which apply when you register on-line with the OB Portal. It applies in addition to our Data Protection Notice. These terms apply to all Brentwood School alumni who are referred to as OBs. We aim to help OBs contact each other but you may ask for us to remove your data on 30 days’ notice to us at any time if you so wish.
2. Copyright: You may not copy any information on the OB Portal part without our express permission as it is protected by copyright, database right and other intellectual property rights. You may not incorporate details of OBs into any database of your own whether in whole or in part.
3. Profile details page: If you add your details to the “Profile details” then you agree that your name, year of leaving and any information you add can be seen by anyone accessing our web site.
4. Messages: Using the OB Portal you can send and receive messages within the internal messaging system. You must not use this messaging system for non-school related marketing or any other commercial purpose and use of this messaging system within our site is strictly limited subject to that limitation.
5. Mail: We will endeavour to pass emails or letters to OBs where someone is wishing to get in touch with them but we accept no liability if we fail to do so. OBs agree that we may attempt to pass this information to them but may write to us to indicate they wish us not to do so at any time.
6. Passwords: If you are given any password or ID from us at any time you must keep this secret and not share it.
7. Barring from site: We reserve the right to bar anyone from the site at any time in our absolute discretion.
8. No offensive or illegal material: You must comply with all our policies in particular must not send or post any illegal comments or material, message in breach of copyright or which are rude or offensive. If you see any such material you should notify us as soon as possible. We reserve the right to take legal action against anyone posting any material or sending any message in breach of the law.
9. Liability: We try to keep the site up to date but do not accept liability for any errors.
10. Links: Any links to other sites are to sites over which we have no control. You may only link this site to any other with our prior permission.
11. NO SPAM OR COMMERCIAL USES: This site may not be used for spam, mass emails or any other commercial purpose.
12. Suspension: We reserve the right to suspend anyone from use of the site at our complete discretion. You will have a right of appeal to us over this.
13. Data Protection Notice: Brentwood School is committed to complying with the Data Protection Act 1998. Brentwood School’s main Data Protection Notice can be viewed here. (link to Policies page on school website http://www.brentwoodschool.co.uk/about-us/policies-2